What do you say when you call a mechanic?
Some examples, that you should consider asking are: what are the causes for the problem your car has, will the problem can simply be repaired or will you need to replace a certain car part, can the repairs affect other parts of your car, how long will it take to fix your car and how much will it cost.
What do they call a mechanic in America?
The terms “mechanic” and “technician” are often used interchangeably in the industry. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) places them in one category: automotive service technicians and mechanics.
What are some lies car mechanics tell?
What are the 5 biggest lies told by mechanics to women?
- Lie #1: Telling you that you need certain parts replaced that don’t actually need to be replaced.
- Lie #2: Telling you that they replaced certain parts that they didn’t.
- Lie #3: Telling you that they used factory parts, when they really used aftermarket parts.
How would you describe a good mechanic?
4 TRAITS OF A GREAT AUTO MECHANIC
- Great Communication Skills. If anything can strain a relationship – both personal and professional – it’s a lack of communication.
- A Problem Solver with Technical Aptitude.
- A Willingness to Keep Learning.
- Strong Work Ethic.
Can you negotiate price with mechanic?
Most people simply don’t realize they can negotiate auto repair work. And while some itemized charges may stand firm (like some parts prices), others have significant wiggle-room (shop mark-ups are often as much as 200% to cover operations). And presenting a “fair price” estimate really works!
How do you negotiate with a mechanic?
5 Steps to Negotiate a Better Price for Car Repairs
- Understand the issue. There’s a difference between feeling like the mechanic’s estimate is too high, and knowing so.
- Leverage the facts.
- Get quotes from the competition.
- Offer to provide the parts yourself.
- Get car repair financing.
- Slash Your Insurance Costs.
Why do so many mechanics lie?
Car mechanics are notorious for lying to their customers in order to gain extra work for things that don’t really need doing or for charging extra for things if they can tell someone doesn’t really know what they are talking about. Sadly, this can lead to people spending lots of money without actually needing to.
What is a mechanic good at?
Guaranteed work. A good technician or repair shop is patient and thorough when diagnosing and repairing a car. Good technicians know their limits and communicate it to you. They will recommend other automotive businesses that can help you if they can’t.