Can the y-axis be on the right side?
When you plot several kinds of data on one graph, it is often useful to plot some data using a Y-axis on the left side of the graph and other data using a Y-axis on the right side of the graph. All data sets are initially graphed using the left Y-axis.
How do I change the y-axis scale in R?
To change the axis scales on a plot in base R, we can use the xlim() and ylim() functions.
How do I plot two y-axis in R?
Figure 1: Plot with 2 Y-Axes in R.
- par(mar = c(5, 4, 4, 4) + 0.3) – This code defines how much white space should be shown around the plot.
- plot(x, y1, pch = 16, col = 2) – This code creates the first plot (i.e. the red dots).
- par(new = TRUE) – This code specifies that we want to overlay a second plot.
How do I put the axis on the right side?
Step 1: Right-click the Y-Axis in the chart; Step 2: Select “Format Axis” in the dialog box; Step 3: In the “Format Axis” window, select “High” in the Label Position section; Step 4: The following is the chart with Y Axis on the right.
What does the right Y axis represent in geography?
The most common types are line graphs, bar graphs and pie charts. Most graphs have two axes: the X axis is horizontal (across the bottom) while the Y axis is vertical (up the left side). The two axes each represent a different set of data .
How do I change the Y-axis scale in Excel?
Changing the Axis Scale
- Right-click on the axis whose scale you want to change. Excel displays a Context menu for the axis.
- Choose Format Axis from the Context menu.
- Make sure Axis Options is clicked at the left of the dialog box.
- Adjust the scale settings (top of the dialog box—Minimum, Maximum, etc.)
- Click on OK.
What is the R axis?
Adding axis to a Plot in R programming – axis () Function side: It defines the side of the plot the axis is to be drawn on possible values such as below, left, above, and right.
How do I remove Y axis labels in R?
When we create a plot in R, the Y-axis labels are automatically generated and if we want to remove those labels, the plot function can help us. For this purpose, we need to set ylab argument of plot function to blank as ylab=”” and yaxt=”n” to remove the axis title.