How do I fix my desktop icons not opening?
Here’s how to do that:
- Right-click on the empty area on your desktop.
- Choose View and you should see the Show Desktop icons option.
- Try checking and unchecking Show Desktop icons option a few times but remember to leave this option checked.
Why are my desktop icons not working?
To begin, check for desktop icons not showing in Windows 10 (or prior versions) by ensuring that they are turned on to start with. You can do so by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting View and verify Show desktop icons has a check beside it. Go into Themes and select Desktop icon settings.
How do I make desktop icons open?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
How do I unfreeze my desktop icons?
Firstly, you’re going to right-click on your Desktop. Now click on View. Check or uncheck Auto-arrange icons. Once again click on View.
How do I fix the blank icons in Windows 10?
How can I fix the blank desktop icons in Windows 10?
- Manually change icons.
- Run DISM and System File Checker scans.
- Rebuild the icon cache.
- Disable the tablet mode.
- Restart Windows Explorer.
- Rollback Windows 10.
- Reset Windows.
Why do my icons move on my desktop?
In most cases, the “Windows 10 desktop icons moving” issue seems to be caused by an outdated driver for the video card, faulty video card or outdated, corrupted or incompatible drivers, corrupt user profile, corrupt Icon Cache, etc. Let’s see how to fix it with the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
Why can’t I drag icons on my desktop Windows 10?
This is the most likely reason behind the error when Windows users are not able to move desktop icons. When the auto-arrange option is turned on, the icons are moved to their positions automatically as soon as you try to change their positions. Uncheck Auto arrange icons option in the context menu.
Why do my icons keep going blank?
First and foremost, the reason why the blank icons appear on the desktop is because the icon cache is corrupted, as Marcy has pointed out. This can be a result of an improper shutdown – for example, powering off the machine or losing power, instead of clicking Start -> Shutdown.