What model is my Black and Decker Workmate?
What’s my model number? Black & Decker model numbers are found on the data plate or data label on the machine. This is usually located on the back or bottom of the unit.
What is the best workmate?
- Worx Pegasus Multi-function – Durable Portable Workbench.
- BLACK & DECKER WM225 – Best Adjustable Portable Workbench.
- KETER FOLDING – Lightweight COMPACT PORTABLE WORKBENCH.
- BLACK & DECKER WM425 – Best Well-Designed WORKMATE WORKBENCH.
- Black & Decker Portable Workmate 1000 – Best Comfortable Work Table.
How do you open up a workmate?
How to Unfold the Black & Decker Workmate
- Unlock the folding mechanism using the control in the middle of the WM540.
- Lift the back support section upward.
- Pull the top end toward you.
- Pull the table portion of the unit up.
- Ensure the diagonal support bar from the lower half of the unit is correctly connected.
How big is the black and Decker Workmate 425?
The Workmate 425 is a Black and Decker portable project center and vise. This sturdy and functional workbench is steel-constructed and can hold up to 550 pounds. This Black and Decker workbench features adjustable claws and swivel pegs, dual height adjustment and a one-handed clamp system for independent clamp adjustments.
What was the instruction manual for the black and Decker Workmate 79-001?
The instruction manuals for the Workmate 79-001 were never marked with the Type number they belonged with, but it’s usually possible to figure that out from the content and/or the date. 79-001 Type E manual and an insert from it – Form No. 882855, undated.
What are the different types of black and Decker workmates?
Over the next eight years, production of the 79-001 went through ten versions under different “Type” designations; the first was the Type E, followed by Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. The iconic feature of the early 79-001 Workmates is a pair of pivoting metal frames, shaped like the letter “H”, that support the wooden vise jaws.
Is the black and Decker Workmate Type E sawhorse height?
The sawhorse-height-only model was never sold in the U.S. but notice that at the top of page 2 of the Type E manual, it still says “PROCEDURE BOTH MODELS RECOMMENDED OPENING”, even though the manual is now for only one model.