How do you use Goal Seek in Excel?
Use Goal Seek to determine the interest rate
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click What-If Analysis, and then click Goal Seek.
- In the Set cell box, enter the reference for the cell that contains the formula that you want to resolve.
- In the To value box, type the formula result that you want.
What is Goal Seek on Excel?
What Is Goal Seeking? Goal seeking is the process of finding the correct input value when only the output is known. The function of goal seeking can be built into different kinds of computer software programs like Microsoft Excel.
Where Is The Goal Seek tool in Excel?
How to Use Excel Goal Seek
- Create a spreadsheet in Excel that has your data.
- Click the cell you want to change.
- From the Data tab, select the What if Analysis…
- Select Goal seek… from the drop-down menu.
- In the Goal Seek dialog, enter the new “what if” amount in the To value: text box.
How do you search in Excel 2003?
Using the Find Feature
- From the Edit menu, select Find… OR. Windows: Press [Ctrl] + [F].
- In the Find what text box, type the text or data to be found.
- (Optional) Adjust the searching options.
- Click Find Next. The information is found and selected. NOTES:
- To close the dialog box, click Close.
How to use the goal seek feature in Excel?
How to use Goal Seek feature in Microsoft Excel Create a new or blank worksheet. Type the given formula in cell B4 =PMT (B3/12,B2,B1) to calculate the instalment amount against the loan. Select the cell B4 and click on the Data tab > Click on the What-If-Analysis command > Click on the ” Goal Seek ” option. In the Set cell box, type of click on the cell B4.
What is the formula for goal seek?
Whenever you use Goal Seek, you’ll need to select a cell that already contains a formula or function. In our example, we’ll select cell B7 because it contains the formula =AVERAGE(B2:B6). From the Data tab, click the What-If Analysis command, then select Goal Seek from the drop-down menu.
What is the definition of goal seek?
Goal seeking is the process of finding the correct input value when only the output is known . The function of goal seeking can be built into different kinds of computer software programs like Microsoft Excel .