What is fabric port name?
Fibre Channel port names
|NL-port||network + loop port|
|FL-port||fabric + loop port|
How do I enable NPIV on Brocade switch?
To enable NPIV on Cisco Fibre Channel Switches running the Cisco Device Manager, use the following procedure:
- From the Cisco Device Manager, click Admin, and then select Feature Control.
- Click the row titled NPIV.
- In the Action column select enable, and then click Apply.
- Click Close to return to the Name Server screen.
How do I remove zoning Brocade?
Brocade CLI – Zone Removal
- Putty to switch01(xx.xxx.xxx.xx)
- Backup existing zone configuration (This step is not mandatory but is a best practices always to backup zone configuration before making changes)
- Remove the zones from active zone configuration; Delete zones & alias from zone database.
How do I know what model my Brocade switch is?
Determining the Brocade switch type using the serial number
- 200e: S/N label located on the non-port side of unit.
- 4100: S/N is located on pull-out tab on port side of unit.
- 5000: S/N is located on pull-out tab on port side of unit.
- 7500: S/N is located on pull-out tab on port side of unit.
What is an F port?
The fabric port (F_port) is a fabric switch port used to connect an N_port to a switch in a fiber channel topology. An F_port can only be connected to one N_port or to a peripheral device such as a host or disc operating as an N_port. An N_port is a node port connecting a node to a fiber channel switch.
What is a TE port?
In trunking E port (TE port) mode, an interface functions as a trunking expansion port. It may be connected to another TE port to create an extended ISL (EISL) between two switches. TE ports are specific to Cisco MDS 9000 Family switches.
How do I reset my Brocade 300 switch?
Next, we need to reset configuration to factory default:
- Disable switch. >switchdisable.
- Disable config. >cfgdisable (hit “y” at prompt)
- Clear config. cfgclear (hit “y” at prompt)
- Save clean configuration. >cfgsave (hit “y” at prompt)
- Reset configuration to default.
- Re-enable switch.
- Reboot to activate changes.
Where do I find the switch id on a brocade?
If you’re searching with nodefind and the WWN, then you’ll get back a hexadecimal PID in which the first two octets are the switch ID and the next two are the port number. You can then find the switch IDs using fabricshow.
What are the commands for the Brocade SAN switch?
Displays the contents of port registers and memories. Display diagnostic status. Display currently running diagnostic tests. Distributes data to switches in a fabric. Sets the error log start and end delimiter for messages sent to the console and syslog. Disables a fan unit.
How to find the host WWN in brocade switch?
How to find the HOST WWN in BROCADE switch? FCID is 101501: Domain = 0x10 (16), Area = 0x15 (21), so we’re looking for switch ID 0xfffc10, port 21.
What does brocade show on local name server?
shows local name server information and the defined configuration aliases to which the device belongs To check connectivity of the switch. Displays each local device’s online zoned data, including PID and zone alias. This command displays local Name Server statistical information.