How do I fix Start menu and Cortana not working?
Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana
- Press Windows logo key + R, type ms-settings:, and then select OK.
- In Settings, choose Update & security > WindowsUpdate, and then select Check for updates.
How do I fix Windows 10 Start menu bar Cortana not working?
How to FIX: Windows 10 Taskbar, Start Menu, Settings or Cortana Problems.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- At Boot tab select the Safe Boot option, then click OK and restart your computer.
- After restart and while in Safe Mode, check if your problems persists.
Why is the Windows 10 Start menu not working?
Check for Corrupt Files That Causes Your Frozen Windows 10 Start Menu. Many problems with Windows come down to corrupt files, and Start menu issues are no exception. To fix this, launch the Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager or hitting ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
How do I fix Windows Start Menu not working?
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Opening
- Sign Out of Your Microsoft Account.
- Restart Windows Explorer.
- Check for Windows Updates.
- Scan for Corrupt System Files.
- Clear Cortana Temporary Files.
- Uninstall or Fix Dropbox.
How do I get Cortana back on Windows 10?
How to set up Cortana on Windows 10 PC
- Click on the Start Menu button. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click All apps.
- Click Cortana.
- Click on the Cortana button.
- Click Use Cortana.
- Click Yes if you want speech, inking, and typing personalization turned on.
Why Cortana is not working on my PC?
Open Cortana, select Settings , and under “Let Cortana respond to Hey Cortana” turn the toggle on. If you want Cortana to respond when your computer is locked, scroll down to Lock Screen and under “Use Cortana even when my device is locked” turn the toggle on.
Why has Cortana disappeared?
If Cortana search box is missing on your computer, it might be because it’s hidden. If for some reason search box is set to hidden, you won’t be able to use it, but you can easily fix that by following these steps: Right click the Taskbar. Choose Cortana > Show search box.