How do I set the default program to open files?
Use the Open With command. In File Explorer, right-click on a file whose default program you want to change. Select Open With > Choose Another App. Check the box that says “Always use this app to open . [file extension] files.” If the program you want to use is displayed, select it and click OK.
How do I restore my apps on Windows 7?
Click Start ( ), All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then Recovery Manager again. Under I need help immediately, click Software Program Reinstallation. On the Software Program Reinstallation welcome screen, click Next. Look in the Factory installed programs list for the software program you want to reinstall.
How do I change the default file to open a browser?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs. Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default program to open a file in Windows 7?
Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs. Use this option to choose which programs you want Windows to use, by default. If a program does not show up in the list, you can make the program a default by using Set Associations.
How do I reset my Windows 7 operating system?
Factory resetting Windows 7 – with or without an installation disc
- Open the boot menu when the computer starts – depending on the computer or BIOS version, use the keys F12, F8, DEL or ESC.
- In the boot options, select the CD/DVD drive where the disk is stored.
- Now carry out a complete re-installation of Windows.
Which is the default program for Windows 7?
By default in Windows 7, .bin files are not associated to be opened by a default program. bmp – Bitmap image files. The default program is Windows Photo Viewer. Briefcase – New Briefcase file. cab – Cabinet files. chm – Microsoft compiled HTML help files. cmd – Windows command script files. com – MS-DOS application files. Contact – Contact file.
How to set default programs for file extension?
You can also choose, selective application types or file extensions to associate with a program. For example, in this below screenshot you will see, how specific a file type can be assigned a program. Select the file which you want to associate, right-click on it, and select the Open With Menu Item and Click on Choose Default Program.
How can I change the default file type?
1. Go to Control Panel > Default programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program. 2. From the list of file extensions, select the extension that you want to change the default program to open with and then click Change program.
How to restore default file type associations in Windows 7?
The downloads below will allow you to restore the Windows 7 default registry entries and program associations of the selected file extension type. This can be helpful for example when a file extension type opens with the wrong program by default, has the wrong icon, or is missing or corrupted in the registry.