How do I find the code for my Jeep Grand Cherokee?
Jeep Grand Cherokees Before 1996
- Get behind the Grand Cherokee’s wheel and slide your key into the ignition. Turn the key in the following pattern: On-Off-On-Off-On.
- Grab a pen and paper and count the number times the check engine light flashes at you. It will be a code.
What are the OBD1 codes?
GM OBD I Trouble Code Chart
|Code 54||Fuel pump circuit low voltage / Digital EGR valve solenoid 2 error|
|Code 55||ECM error / Digital EGR valve solenoid 3 error|
|Code 56||Quad Driver Module (QDM B) error|
|Code 57||Boost control error|
How do I find the code for my Jeep Cherokee?
How To Retrieve Your Jeep’s Diagnostic Code
- Insert the key into the ignition.
- Turn the ignition On-Off-On-Off-On within 5 seconds.
- Record the 2-digit DTC as displayed by the flashing MIL.
How do you read a Jeep code?
How to Check An Engine Code
- Insert key into the ignition.
- Turn to “ON” position without starting the Jeep.
- Push the key in and turn it to “OFF” and then to “ON” three times, leaving it in the “ON” position.
How do you clear the codes on a 1995 Jeep Wrangler?
How to Clear Codes on Jeep Wrangler
- Make sure the engine is not running and key is out of the ignition.
- Disconnect the battery terminals.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Reconnect battery terminals.
- Insert and turn the ignition key to the run position without starting.
- All error codes are cleared and CHECK ENGINE icon disappeared.
Is a 95 accord OBD1?
OK! thanks all! you mean 94 and 95 4 cylinder accords are obd1 and all 96 and up accords are obd2. 95 v6 accords are also obd2.