How do I change the level of a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I add more levels to a table of contents in Word 2007?
Select Insert Table of Contents from the popup menu. Next, select the formatting for the table of contents. Set the number of levels to display in the Show levels box. Click on the OK button.
What are outline levels in Word?
The “Outline Level” really means the Heading level, or in other words, the level at which the paragraph appears in Outline View. It is the property that you see in the Format + Paragraph dialog, under Outline Level. In the case of numbered Headings, the Outline Level and List Level of the paragraph will be identical.
How do you automate a Table of Contents in Word?
Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document. Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do I manually create a table of contents in Word 2007?
Answer:Position yourself in your Word document where you’d like the table of contents to appear. Select the References tab in the toolbar at the top of the screen. Then click on the Table of Contents button in the Table of Contents group. Select Insert Table of Contents from the popup menu.
How do I add a subheading to a Table of Contents?
- To create a subheading in your table of contents, create the subheading in your document. Highlight it and click Heading 2 at the top of your screen.
- It will be added to your table of contents, nested underneath the appropriate chapter heading.
How do I add a header to a Table of Contents?
For each heading that you want in the table of contents, select the heading text. Go to Home > Styles, and then choose Heading 1. Update your table of contents.