How do I reset my Rheem hybrid water heater?
Disconnect the power to the unit and let it sit for 5 min and then repower it. You can either switch off the breaker or pull the plug. Turns out the motherboard was fried in the unit. Rheem sent a replacement unit (turns out it’s the whole screen thing), and problem fixed.
How do I troubleshoot my Rheem water heater?
How to Troubleshoot a Rheem Water Heater
- Check the water usage in your home.
- Check the power supply to the water heater.
- Check that the water heater is receiving fuel, if it’s a gas heater, by ensuring that any cutoff valves in the gas line are turned to the on position.
How do I reset my Rheem gasless water heater?
Here how to do it right:
- Begin with turning the hot water tap off.
- Take the remote control and turn it off as well.
- Now it’s time to wait. 5 minutes or so should be enough in most cases.
- Continue with turning the tankless water heater back on.
- Open the hot water faucet and see what’s happening.
Why did my water heater suddenly stop working?
When there’s no hot water, the problem can stem from lack of power, a faulty electric thermostat or a faulty upper electric heating element. When the water’s not hot enough, the problem can be an undersized water heater, crossed hot and cold connections, or a faulty heating element or thermostat.
Where is the reset button on a Rheem?
The reset button is near the copper lines at the bottom of the case.
Why does my water heater pilot keep turning off?
If you have a faulty thermocouple is the most common reason that your pilot light is malfunctioning. Over time your water heater will collect dirt, dust and other kinds of debris. Build up on your thermocouple can cause a malfunction. This is and easy fix, simply let it cool down and brush off the dirt or debris.