What county is Mariposa Ontario in?
Victoria County, Ontario
Mariposa, The Banner Township: A History Of The Township Of Mariposa, Victoria County, Ontario. 1984.
Where is Victoria County in Ontario?
The County of Victoria, or Victoria County, was a county in the Canadian province of Ontario. It was formed in 1854 as The United Counties of Peterborough and Victoria, and separated from Peterborough in 1863….Victoria County, Ontario.
|County of Victoria|
What County is Oakwood Ontario?
Mindat.org localities near to this feature
|Moore Lake Occurrence West, Lutterworth Township, Haliburton County, Ontario, Canada||44° 47′ 48″ N||78° 48′ 56″ W|
|Tait occurrence, Galway Township, Peterborough County, Ontario, Canada||44° 45′ 2″ N||78° 35′ 17″ W|
What township is Woodville Ontario in?
Woodville is a community in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada. It is located west of Lindsay. The population is approximately 650….Woodville, Ontario.
Where is Mariposa Township in Ontario, Canada?
The Township of Mariposa was a municipality located in the southwest corner of the former Victoria County, now the city of Kawartha Lakes, in the Canadian province of Ontario.
Who are the neighbors of Mariposa, Victoria County?
The other municipal neighbors of Mariposa are Ops and Fenelon on the east, Eldon on the north and Brock,in Ontario County, on the west. Its superficial area is 75,102 acres. The land surface is moderately undulating, with a very immature drainage system.
Where are the townships of Victoria, Ontario?
Ontario GenWeb has a sketchmap of the original townships of Victoria County. The map of Victoria County circa 1951 from Ontario Archives locates the individual municipalities, townships, city, towns and villages of the county.
What was the original shape of Mariposa Township?
In shape it was originally a rectangle, nine miles from east to west and fifteen from north to south. There was added to it later, however, a broken southern front on Lake Scugog, now known as concessions A, B, C, and D, Mariposa, but formerly attached to the township of Cartwright, which now lies entirely on the south side of the lake.