How do I get a Nrswa card?

How do I get a Nrswa card?

You can get a NRSWA card by completing a NRSWA Course. NRSWA Courses run NRSWA courses UK wide with courses running weekly. Courses can be booked direct online. Book with confidence as NRSWA Courses is part of the Project Skills Solutions family.

How long does Nrswa card last?

The registration body will then record the certificate on the street works register and issue you with a street works card. Each certificate on the card will last for 5 years from the certification date, ie the date the awarding organisation issued the certificate.

What is a Nrswa certificate?

NRSWA Training courses are designed for Supervisors and Operatives who are required to carry out their duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds in-line with the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA), current legislation, and applicable Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP’s).

What is a Nrswa qualification?

Selecting the right New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) training course or combination of courses to enable operatives and supervisors to work safely and effectively on public highways is straight forward with Develop Training.

What does Nrswa cover?

The New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) sets out the objectives of the co-ordination function: to ensure safety; • to minimise inconvenience to people using a street, including a specific reference to people with a disability; and • to protect the structure of the street and the apparatus in it.

Is SWQR the same as Nrswa?

We are authorised by the UK Government Transport Departments to maintain the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR). Under the New Roads and Street Works Act, 1991 (NRSWA), candidates with a certificate from an Awarding Organisation can be issued with an SWQR card.

How do I renew my Nrswa card?

You will need to complete a NRSWA Re Assessment training course. You have 6 months around the expiry date of the card to complete this.

How long is the street Works course?

Full courses themselves are 5 days long to attend in most locations, signing, lighting and guarding courses are usually 1 day.

What is a section 74 notice?

Section 74 was introduced in 2001 alongside EToN 2. Charges were introduced for unreasonably prolonged works with an initial charge of between £100 and £2500 per working day of overrun. Furthermore, the new legislation gave Highway Authorities the ability to assess and challenge durations on works notices via EToN.

What is a Section 50 Licence?

Local Authorities seek Section 50 approval during the Planning Process if such works are being considered as part of development. The process requires the submission of structural drawings, hydraulic calculations and reports to the Office Public Works for their approval.

How long is Streetworks valid for?

5 years
Streetworks Refresher Training is required every 5 years, to update skills and knowledge and make sure that you are working in accordance with NRSWA regulations. Once refresher training is complete you will be able to re-register on the Streetworks Qualification Register (SWQR) and work legally on the highways.

What is the difference between Nrswa and SWQR?

What kind of card do I need for NRSWA?

Those who successfully complete the NRSWA course unit(s) will receive a Certificate of Competence which will need to be sent to the SWQR. They will then provide a plastic photo identification card that shows the qualification for each NRSWA unit. This is valid for 5 years.

How long is the NRSWA Street works certificate valid?

Successful completion of the course results in you gaining a City & Guild certificate for each unit and a Street works card showing your units of competence. The card is currently valid for 5 years.

What happens if my NRSWA card has expired?

If your card has expired in the last 5 years you can attend a re-assessment course to cover the units on your card and get a new expiry date for those units. Once your card/unit has expired you are not qualified to undertake that work, you no longer get a 6 month grace period. For more information contact our team.

Can you carry out Unit 2 of NRSWA?

Signing, lighting and guarding. Unit 2 only. If you have successfully completed an NRSWA Operative Course and then carry out an NRSWA Supervisor course at a later date, or vice versa, you will be issued with a dual card, but this dual card will have an expiry date for the course that was completed first.

About the Author

You may also like these